abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

Encoding under Linux?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Encoding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2002 1:39 am    Post subject: Encoding under Linux? Reply with quote

Anyone doing encodes under Linux? I'm mostly interested in doing Divx->(VCD|SVCD) conversions and would like the quality I'm getting now using TMPGEnc.

I saw some entries at Freshmeat but didn't know what would be the best tool and rather than muck about testing all of them, I was hoping someone already did the grunt work Smile.

-xo
oblio

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2002 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last I tried, mucking was still the order of the day. (i.e. tools needed tweaking, archaic command line parameters critical for quality settings, and smart people (uselessly) explaining things like YUY seperation to me)

In any event, a good place to start is http://mjpeg.sourceforge.net. They started as MJPEG card support but IIRC have started aggregating tools.

(meta- notice how the URL parser adds the . in the hostname? Anyone know why that link still works in ie?)

Good luck.
xo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2002 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oblio wrote:

The last I tried, mucking was still the order of the day

Aye, I was afraid that would be the case.

Thanks for the link- will play around with it.

-xo
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Encoding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum