abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

Changes coming, site may be down

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Site Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 6:37 pm    Post subject: Changes coming, site may be down Reply with quote

My server provider is requiring me to change the IP on my server with less than 24 hour notice. Fuckers.

Since this server is the nameserver for a bunch of domains, this is going to suck really hard. I expect there's going to be some serious problems and this site may go unavailable for extended periods.

Anyway, just to let you know I'm not going anywhere.

-xo
Melchior

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta love bastard webhosts, eh? Whatever you do, don't switch to Bluedomino.com. I don't think they've ever met their 99.999% uptime "guarantee" in any month of the 2 years that I've been with them, and I'm frequently amazed at how they wait until 6 hours before making big changes to email software, or "updating" their mailserver software and fucking all your email accounts and your web account in the process...

Why am I still with them? Because I'm too damn lazy to switch hosts. Dammit, I hate how I'm so lazy! I'd even save money by switching to another host! Dammit!
Gorunova

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting: (inc) reports being unable to get through to here for several days, but I've seen no problems at all.
xo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ack.

I've had 2 other reports for other sites hosted on this box, but I've had no problems myself on testing from 3-4 different networks.

I'm hoping and praying that it's just DNS needing to propagate but it's been a few days now... still, the fact that others haven't had a problem is encouraging. Unless suddenly you all drop off too...

Ack!

-xo
LaughnCynic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw inc's query in groups and replied.

I've been busy and haven't been reading as often as I used to but I have had no problems when I have visited that I've noticed. So... So far so good from my end. Smile
xo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F*ck.

There were routing problems and I have no one to blame but myself.

I'm guessing inc has an ip starting with 66.

#!@#!@%$!@#@!#@!#.

Sorry, inc!

-xo
(inc)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe... I'm back as of this morning. Very Happy Finally posted a message on the local RR help group last night (roadrunner.san.help -- local access only I'd assume). Whether from actions there or xo, the dns finds it now.

Still some look-up errors if you run a check though...
http://www.dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=x-maru.org ==> 4 *red* flags.

(inc)
Keikai

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was the same for me as well. I hadn't been able to access for several days but it's back up for me today. Mr. Green And with an ip starting with 66 like you said.
xo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to Keikai as well. What a mess- there's no way for me to really know how many people were affected since they couldn't contact me or the server to let me know! I wonder how much mail I lost during the past week...

Thanks for the dnsreports link, inc. Very useful. I fixed the 2 significant errors. The remaining two are either a quirk of the software I use (not BIND) or out of my control (my hoster has never followed up my request for proper reverse entry. *sigh*).

-xo
zanson

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also haven't been able to get here for a few days, but I did read that post about the ip changing, so I wasn't too worried... glad it seems to be all back now yay!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Site Stuff All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum