abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

Everyone going the bt way?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Newsgroups Misc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LeonMcNichol

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I prefer downloading from the newsgroups, because I almost always get my max speed. (85k Verizon, pity me. Sad ) With BT, I can get my max, but either it stays between 15-30k or it very slowly gets to the max. (Like 20-40 minutes to get to 60k+) So for me, it's faster, but not every anime I watch gets posted to the newsgroups. Or they are slow on the uptake. (IE 2days) So I grab off BT when it's convient or when it first appears. (Watch animesuki.com quite often.) I usually download once a day from the newsgroups and from there, use BT.

Now, don't get me wrong, when it comes to fansubbed anime. What's wrong with using BT? This is to you people who don't want to use a P2P program. Because they aren't licensed yet, you wont get introuble downloading the new fansubs. Truthfully, I was against P2P because I didn't like them much. Hell, I just recently got into mirc downloading. (Getting some manga.) Because they scared the hell out of me in idea. BT seems pretty safe though. Ah well, it'll eventually get up there, so I guess you guys can wait.

BTW, xo, Onegai Twins is hilarious. Very Happy I even got my step mom watching it, because she liked Onegai Teacher.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've definitely gone to BT instead of newsgroups for new anime at least. I still browse them in case older stuff that I want turns up, but with BT I save the time of having to check with PAR, unRAR, etc. Plus my news server speed is capped by my ISP to almost dialup-like proportions whereas with BT I can theoretically pull down 300K/s depending on how many seeds there are and whatnot. The only inconvenience for me so far is that after about two weeks you're usually hard-pressed to find a seed for an old torrent, but that's a lot more than the just under 48 hour retention on my servers. And the aforementioned lack of older stuff Smile

--HollyBerries (who's been doing the BT thing for so long now, her abma-x ID expired >_> )
deoch

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a daily/monthly upload cap so I can't use bit-torrent that much. Newsgroups for me are faster anyways, and most new stuff gets posted.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Newsgroups Misc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum