abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

alt.binaries.dvd.anime

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jiss

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 3:14 pm    Post subject: alt.binaries.dvd.anime Reply with quote

Been a while since I've actually logged on...*cough* had to even re-activate my old email account for the password Embarassed

Anyway, alt.binaries.dvd.anime (yeah, I agree it should be anime.dvd but it's been partially propagated already). This group for good or bad exists but isn't properly registered on isc.org which really irritates me for some reason.

I'm proposing to send a correct control message to get this rectified (I'm not justifiying the newsgroups existence or legitimacy mind).

I've noticed that there seem to have been two discussion threads in alt.config over this in April and June. Aside from the usual complaints about unnecessary, unwanted etc there didn't seem to be any strenuous objections.

On the assumption that all is okay I'll fix the group to make it propagate correctly through usenet. However, since I've largely not been paying attention for well over a year now beyond a simple select and click to download can anyone advise if there might be any problems with this?

Oh, and if this is the wrong place to post this my apologies (I'm very absent-minded nowadays).
Jiss

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gah! Speak!!! This is so pathetic. Okay, it is a saturday evening (my time) and if you are like me you're drunk but that's not an excuse!!!! If you are not like me then it's even less of one!

So, okay, since I've been keeping an eye on things and enough people have been appearing as guests or hidden that "could" have seen this you now have an ultimatum on your opinion.

So, come monday. I will proceed how I think I should do irrespective of how your think. If you have an issue with this, or even an opinion (God forbid), say now. If you do not add to this thread then it will be assumed that you have acknowledged it and do not mind any course of action that I take. You will have lost your right to an opinion (btw, did I mention about the NAZI takeover of abd.anime and the enforcement of concentration camps for all non-thoroughbred english people through Interpol and FBI co-operation? Nah? Nevermind then, I'm sure you'll be okay....for a couple of weeks at least....)

My course of action will be as follows:
Monday: Post to aba,abma,abat,abav,abmea stating intention to re-register abda (note: not to abda itself)
Wednesday: Assuming to obvious objection. Post to alt.config querying if this was discussed fully and arguing case for group existence.
Friday: Posting control message (as much as I respect a.c'ers they argue the same issue for the procedure of it and not the practicalities of it so their opinion is limited).

If you have an opinion please say. If you don't then don't. If you decide you did in the future and didn't then I will laugh hysterically at you while watching the To Heart DVD that has never been released in the western world (sorry, it should be USA now shouldn't it? As all the sh**e US anime companies only care for the US market)
Jiss

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I meant morning not evening, but you know what I mean!!!!
oblio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like a good idea to make it official... people are using it (even if my providers dont carry it), we (meaning you) might as well work for better distrobution. :)

My only real thought on it is that anything that works to keeps DVDs out of the normal groups is good by me. I like seperation of dvd groups for bandwidth reasons.
Keikai

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought ABMEA tought you the same lesson ABMAR taught me, Jiss. It's too painful to properly propose a group. I seem to remember you recommending to me not to try it. Wink
Jiss

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, yeah. I still think the majority (but not the important minority) in a.c are a bunch of self-righteous sad lusers who would probably criticise me for mispelling. ^_^

However, google clearly shows that it has been mentioned twice there and there has been no specific criticism (they went too off-topic at the time, but that's not my problem. The deed has been met and recorded). Hence, I'm willing to go through with a control message that appears as if someone tried to send one but it was incorrectly formatted.

Was seeking advice, but I figure no one has been that central in the creation of the group (nowadays, no one cares too much on ng creation anyway which is sad, but with people like those on a.c who decide that they are "gods" as self-described by their own web sites it doesn't help).

My useless 0.02 Euro's anyway.
Keikai

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, as you know I still believe strongly in the a.c process but not necessarily in the self-perceived omniscience of several of the a.c regulars. Smile I'm all for what you're doing, though, since I believe such things should be done "right" or not done at all.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got only one question about this newsgroup....can any anime DVD be posted in it? Meaning hentai as well as G rated or does this mean that a hentai.dvd group needs to be created.

I'm asking because my friends inc and Melchior wanted to know... Smile
(inc)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

?!?<<sneeze>>?!?
Musicman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya! that was me inc. :)

Jiss if you could fix the charter or whatever is screwed up you may become a hero for quite a few folk. I'm still reading how some providers won't add it because it was not properly "created".

Good news is that bellsouth added it without any problems/arguments.

Lately that newsgroup is seeing more postings too...
Musicman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya! Happy Holidays and all!

The charter is fixed on the DVD anime group and people who had problems getting it added should try again.

I've actually posted a couple of things there but don't let no one know! Twisted Evil
SD M

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Got only one question about this newsgroup....can any anime DVD be posted in it? Meaning hentai as well as G rated or does this mean that a hentai.dvd group needs to be created.

I'm asking because my friends inc and Melchior wanted to know... Smile

<BOFH_mode>
if the newsgroup isn't placed in an erotica sub-hierarchy, _no_ hentai should be posted to it.
Go create something like alt.binaries.dvd.erotica.anime if you want a group to post
hentai anime DVD material. (no _not_ a.b.dvd.anime.erotica ; erotica should be the subhierarchy,
just as has been done for a.b.p.erotica.* , a.b.m.erotica.* etc. to make it easier for the newsadmins
to accept or ditch the erotica newsgroups on their servers.)
</BOFH_mode>

SD M (thinks full DVD posts are usenet abuse, but wants them to be done in the most correct
locations if they're done...)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum