abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

Anyone here a Juuni Kokki fan ? ! ?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Anime Misc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Memnoch

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 11:16 pm    Post subject: Anyone here a Juuni Kokki fan ? ! ? Reply with quote

Just curious as to how many Juuni Kokki fans are here. I enjoy it thoroughly myself.

Anyone agree with me when i say that this Anime is amazing!!!????

Shocked

Wink
Jiss

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like it, but only managed to see up to episode twelve before I became too busy to watch most anime. What I saw was very good though. It's a nice change from a lot of the rubbish that seems to be churned out right now.
Gorunova

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell yeah! One of the best series in a long time. I only watched up to about episode 10 as it was being posted and buffered the rest because I was too busy, but I'm finally caught up to the present as of last week.

There are a *lot* of similarities between Juuni Kokki and Fushigi Yuugi. The two series have the same basic idea - Japanese schoolgirl gets kidnapped to a strange world loosly based on mythology, where she is considered important. Et cetera. But even so there's no comparison between the two series. If you enjoyed one you'll enjoy the other, but even if you didn't like FY you'll still like JK.

It's a lovely fairly tale yarn, with tons of history lessons about a fictional world with a rich back-story. Great and memorable characters and some wonderful scenes. Lots of action, lots of politics, lots of philosophy and lots of character development. Something for everyone.

Even though many of the middle episodes are nothing but history lessons, I found the series a can't-put-it-downer, and it kept me up very late at night when I was working on catching up. Smile
LaughnCynic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in I guess. I stopped watching at ep 15 or 16 for lack of time but I have up to ep 42 and am waiting for the last few subs to trickle in before getting on with the major task of watching it all the way through.

I like it's depth of history and culture from what I've watched.
Memnoch

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorunova...you said it all. I've spent a couple nights until the sun came up watching it. I will probably check out Fushigi Yugi. Surprised

If you or anyone needs episodes i'd be glad to help.
I have all the episodes up to 42 except 22 and 30.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Anime Misc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum