abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

Mainichi Shimbun

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jiss

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 1:03 pm    Post subject: Mainichi Shimbun Reply with quote

Okay, I'm slowly learning Japanese but I wondered if anyone else had noticed this.

Mainichi's English page seems to have ten stories that consist of one or two topical ones, one or two silly season ones and six to eight paedophilic or sex-related ones (often involving the exploits of underage schoolgirls).

WaiWai, their subsection "magazine" has brought us the oft-mentioned classics such as the competition of bored housewives vs. schoolgirls, the dating site crimes etc.

So...on translating the actual Japanese side of it I found it rather interesting that so far there is virtually nothing at all on sex crime and nothing on paedophilia. Okay, I'm usually pretty skeptical on newspapers but the question still hits me as to why!
deoch

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the English "Daily News" section is not really considered to be a "regular" newspaper (in fact, it's now digital only), while the regular Japanese publication is. They are basically two separate projects.

I guess they believe their English speaking audience would rather read about the weird and funny, rather than straight news... Therefore, they collect all of this sort of stuff from the much larger Japanese newspaper, and throw it right at the front.

Here is an interesting article with information regarding the English page:
http://www.ojr.org/japan/media/1050371403.php
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum