abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

Deal breaker titles
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Anime Misc
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually more worried by the number of h*ntai (is this a bad word?) titles that are not in the above list - Shinatisou Kari for example ^_^

Actually as someone who used to download everything and am just starting to refine my downloads it is useful to see what others get. I sadly found Mouse kinda funny, but then I was one of those poor unfortunates who grew up on Urotsukidoji, Ninja Scroll and really badly dubbed stuff like Wicked City et. al.

...live action sailor moon isn't as bad as the live-action pRon film for Streetfighter btw.... Smile)))

"Yes, your honour. Watching anime made me do it..." Smile
Jiss

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gah! That was me! (who else talks like that anyway Smile
oblio

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deoch wrote:
Are you thinking of Someday's Dreamers (What's important to a mage / Mahou tsukai ni taisetsu na koto)?

For the record, 'Mahou tsukai ni taisetsu na koto' was the series that I was thinking of, though I did like abenobashi mahou shotengai too (Its indicative of my naivity that I thought mahou translated into "magical" always instead of "user of magic (mage)")
oblio

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
...live action sailor moon isn't as bad as the live-action pRon film for Streetfighter btw.... :))))

"Ryu, what do you see before your fist?"

:) Oh god! Its a sheep!
Chung

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

by no means am I fluent in japanese, but I think mahou goes for 'magic' and tsukai goes for use/user... thus, mahou tsukai is magic-user/mage

handy little online dictionary jap<->eng

http://www.solon.org/cgi-bin/j-e/dict
Jiss

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Kodansha's Kanji Learner's Dictionary Mahou (or Maho if you prefer), is "Magic, Sorcery, Witchcraft" ("Ma" is from the kanji for "demon". Specifically relating to the powers of the demon in this context). "Hou" kanji used is "Law, rule, act etc.".

Tsukai I'm not sure on, but I think it is the single kanji for tsukai which means "mission, errand; messenger, emissary".

So essentially they are saying an emissary or messenger of magic compared to our term of a user of magic.

I'm still learning mind...
Chung

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, learning is good... cause that explanation spanked mine :P

I'll have to start considering kanji more with regards to words... since you can pull so much more meaning out of them.. but, considering I know next to 0 kanji.. guess I'll have to learn them first.. heh
LeonMcNichol

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rather enjoy scifi/mech anime. Probably my favorite genre. I just wish they would stop putting mysticism in them. I mean, if I wanted fantasy I would watch fantasy anime. Geeze!

My step mom became a rather big fan of mech anime. Preferably, Gundam. My little brother too. She's also enjoying a lot of normal anime too. Such as Onegai Teacher/Twins and Hanaukyo Maid Tai. (*hehe*) She love Saber Marionette J.
Gorunova

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jiss wrote:
Tsukai I'm not sure on, but I think it is the single kanji for tsukai which means "mission, errand; messenger, emissary".

My dictionary gives these for tsukai: errand, message, messenger, bearer, use, usage.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: umm Reply with quote

Quote:
Wow, Gundam? I suppose if it were Gundam Wing, ZZ Gundam, and G Gundam, it's understandable, but the others? Wow, never figured someone would hate all gundam series. There's been many incarnations of it, that I'd thought there'd be at least 1 you like.

Very Happy wow interesting way of putting it.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Anime Misc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum