abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

Good new shows...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Anime Misc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neuralblastoma

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked out GunGrave 01-04 today based on (inc)'s recommendation and I gotta say, "thanks (inc)"!

This is a very good show so far. I can't comment on the Trigun comparisons I've tread here though, as I gave up on that series after three episodes or so. I didn't hate it. It just didn't do much for me.

I missed out on the ABMA postings for whatever reason and grabbed them off Bit Torrent.

I also watched Gunslinger Girl 04 (oh man he's STILL pushing Gunslinger Girl on us?!) and it just keeps getting better.

This is turning out to be a character study more than anything else. The action, assassination plots and the Corporation all take a back seat to exploring the characters which I think is great.

Still my favorite new show since Witch Hunter Robin.

I loved Azumanga Daioh so I think I'll be checking out Cromartie next.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
(inc)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another set of *Edits* -- #2 -- added to my evalution, FWIW. One show went (way) up (100 Stories), while another continues to descend (Godannar).

Quote:
I loved Azumanga Daioh so I think I'll be checking out Cromartie next.
Hehe, don't take it too literally. I have a theory on why the characters look the way they do -- we're seeing them as they each visualize themselves, not as they really look. Well, that doesn't explain the Tin Can guy does it...or does it?!? And I wonder if they pay Queen any royalties?

(inc)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since most series in the new season have had a few eps by now my current top 3 of the new shows is:

1. Twin Spica
2. Full Metal Alchemist (hagane no renkinjitsushi)
3. R.O.D The TV

Has anyone changed their views since the start of this thread?
Onakra

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. That was me; logged me out for some reason...
Last line should be "... since the last edit?"

Last edited by Onakra on Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Gorunova

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Changes since my last post:

I've checked out Cromartie. I don't think it's really comparable to Azumanga, but it definitely is funny. It's on my must-have list. It was especially poignant for me because the first episode I watched was #5, and I also suffer from major nausea problems in some vehicles.

Also looked at Tsukihime and Gungrave. I've only seen two of each and haven't yet made up my mind about them. They seem OK. Gungrave reminds me more of Noir than Trigun.

I've been grabbing Maburaho for fluff. It's not great but it is enjoyable.
deoch

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been really enjoying Cromartie. Sometimes I feel they drag a joke out too long, but as a whole it's pretty funny.

I was really disappointed with Gungrave (I enjoyed the videogame) after seeing the first episode, so I didn't get any more. Looks like I should have stuck with it :/.
(inc)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 3:03 pm    Post subject: Some thoughts on Air Master Reply with quote

Not one of the newest, but from this year at least -- Air Master may be put under the heading of *guilty pleasure* I guess. I ignored it when it first came out based on the plot description -- the sub-genre of *street fighters* is _not_ a high priority -- and the fact that only AJ's subs were posted. Last month finally decided to grab HQA's version via BT as the *reviews* I'd seen seemed widely divergent. I wasn't expecting such an interesting comedy/satire. Negative criticisms I've seen based on the seeming sexual orientation of characters or the fact that the main character is definitely not a classic *cute* anime girl would seem to be missing the point (and appear based on insufficient viewing, IMHO). If anything, the lead is more like a satirical take on Azumanga Daioh's Sakaki -- complete to female *admirer*.

So, probably not for everyone, but if you're interested in a good satire on the whole street-figher genre along with a very different *heroine*. you might take a look at a few episodes.

(inc)
Chung

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Like Twin Spica so far.. seen about 5 eps and watch them soon as I get them.

FMA is ok. Still haven't really gotten anywhere as far as plot goes... they keep throwing nibblets at towards plot though.. so I'm expecting something to show up soon since we're nearly halfway through the season.

ROD TV... whoever said the OAV and TV weren't connected at all LIED. Nonethless, it's a decent show... I wish they'd release that OST so I can buy it :\

Tsukihime I actually like... not typical for me since I usually steer clear of vampiric's... but this one's not bad at all.

Gungrave is decent too.. Still waiting for it to resemble the first ep... those "start off at the end" series throw me...

Cromartie... no clue, been downloading just haven't watched yet..

I think FFXI has been stealing too much of my time... heh
Melchior

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting AirMaster, Inc-- I just finished watching the first 3 eps, and it's not what I was expecting. I can't wait until I get time to watch the 4th ep! (gotta run off for a family dinner!)
Gorunova

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've dropped Gungrave - it just didn't interest me. I have decided to stick with Tsukihime though. It seems interesting although the plot is nothing new.

ROD TV just keeps getting better with every episode. I like how tightly integrated it is with the OAV too. Is it just me or is Readman's voice different than it was in the OAV?

F.M. Alchemist is turning out better than I expected even though it is a bit formulaic. It's a keeper.

Galaxy Railways is watchable for the mythos. The 999 stories have always been pretty sloppy on details, but the art is nice and the stories are OK if you can see past the gaffes.

Planetes also keeps getting better. There is no sign of a return of the 999-like terminology screwup from that one early episode.

Texhnolyze is finally starting to tie up its loose ends and make some sense.

And even though it's old, I'm just starting to watch Mermaids' Forest for the first time. It's Rumiko product, so I can't say anything bad about it. Smile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Anime Misc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum