abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

Re: Webmaster of abma.x-maru.org

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:50 am    Post subject: Re: Webmaster of abma.x-maru.org Reply with quote

I'm looking for a DSL ISP with excellent usenet access in Holland and saw the webmaster of abma.x-maru.org made the comment that his/her ISP has the best usenet service. Could you tell me which ISP is that? thanks!

Zeol@hotmail.com
SD M

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you mean Holland as in "the Netherlands", then I doubt the webmaster might be able to help you...
But in that case I might be able to.
Currently, I think XS4all (www.xs4all.nl) is the only ISP in the Netherlands with a reasonably
full usenet feed on their newsservers _and_ a retention of more than 1 day at the same time.
An ISP I use is currently in the process of building a multi-TB newsserver behind newsserver.nl ,
but that may take some months before it is operating and operating well...

[Google, Google] Hmm, it seems Demon (www.demon.nl) provides access to Supernews' newsservers...

Or you could of course go the route of taking a ADSL offer you like and then add an account
at an American pay-newsserver; many Dutch heavy usenet downloaders do that...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum