abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

What the #&@^& is going on?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Newsgroups Misc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tsukebe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 5:10 pm    Post subject: Get a life Reply with quote

Get a life as oppose to just bitching. Too free to bitch? get a girlfriend. Too ugly to get a girl? get a blow up doll. IP retention bad? Get a better and costlier IP. No money? Oh yeah..... just realize you guys are bunch of loser living off your parent..... cant afford anything. Only know how to bitch. Wanna control what should be posted? what size the divx should be? when it should be posted? what format it should be posted? Start a jihad against the world then. You losers are nothing but Hitlers. You dont OWN THE GROUP.
WhiTe_R

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if it's free i say take it

btw

Dream-anime is the best fucking channel ever!!!
Gorunova

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Tsukebe's computer has been hijacked by his little brother, or some other foul-mouthed little fart. I don't recall him being so uncivil before. Mad
Onakra

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 11:44 pm    Post subject: Get a life Reply with quote

Tsukebe wrote:

Get a life as oppose to just bitching. Too free to bitch? get a girlfriend. Too ugly to get a girl? get a blow up doll. IP retention bad? Get a better and costlier IP. No money? Oh yeah..... just realize you guys are bunch of loser living off your parent..... cant afford anything. Only know how to bitch. Wanna control what should be posted? what size the divx should be? when it should be posted? what format it should be posted? Start a jihad against the world then. You losers are nothing but Hitlers. You dont OWN THE GROUP.

Hah. No, nobody owns the group. We're just trying to make the best out of it for most. Not just those whining freeloading leeches like yourself. Yes, I know this will start your flames (don't worry, I won't reply), but this has to be said. You're just worried about the possibility that there'll be less free anime to download in 1 day.

And I'm sure a great percentage of the regulars is a lot older then you. Most have left school a long time ago, and some might even be happily married with kids.

We're just trying to avoid letting this group turn into a chaos like a lot of the other ngs. And we're glad that you've replied with this constructive criticism.

Last edited by Onakra on Wed Apr 03, 2002 8:28 am; edited 2 times in total
Onakra

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhiTe_R wrote:

Dream-anime is the best fucking channel ever!!!

Why? As far as I can tell all they do is rent/buy(!) a DVD and encode it. Everybody (and yes I mean everybody) can do that.

Aquiring a good quality raw vid, translating, timing and encoding it again (and everything else that surrounds this process) and then releasing it a few days after it came out on Japanese TV... That's something else.
AlienBoy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to mention the quality isn't that great.... I'm not saying that I could probably do better, but they're not at the top of any of my lists. I'm with Onakra on this one too; Fansubs are way more impressive than straight rips. Especially when I can use all the money I get from "living off my parents" to buy the DVD.

I'd also like to know when an open discussion became classified as bitching. There is a pretty large difference between the two. I'm breaking down and bitching in this message, but most of what I've seen so far hasn't been bitching.
Neuralblastoma

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snot-nosed little brats who are incapable of saying anything remotely constructive are hardly worth replying to. But what the hell, let's see what thier posts reveal about themselves:

1. They surely must be the type of people(perhaps people is too kind a word) that they accuse us of being: still living with their parents, losers etc. Their approximate age is made clear.

2. The Hitler and "you don't own the groups" comments shows us they are newbies who have little knowledge of usenet and are wannabe anarchists.

3. WhiTe_R must have some association with Dream-Anime.

4. Tsukebe(or his imposter as Gorunova suggested) fails to understand what is being discussed here. He doesn't realize that this was never about control, but trying to improve the organization of the groups through suggestions from anyone willing to make them, voting and overall, trying to be fair to everyone as opposed to being selfish and childish.

And as far as Dream Anime goes, I have much more respect for the fansub groups for all the reasons already stated by others. Anyone with a DVD drive in their computer can do what Dream Anime does: rip and encode. I have much more respect even for the old Arctic Animation VHS fansubs. Sure they mostly sucked and were regarded as the very worst(though their translations and video quality eventually greatly improved with thier MKR releases) but I'd sooner give kudos to them. Even to thier KOR releases. At least they tried.

Keikai and (inc): I never made up a softy list. It was just meant as a general comment and I hope neither of you took it any other way.

Now that you've both made me think about it though I think I have to give top honours to Keikai. Sorry (inc). I can give you the runner-up prize though. The presenter for this prestigious award will be me I guess. Will either of you write an acceptance speech? No excessive Halle Berry crying though OK?

As for the whole ABAV thing I'm not sure if it's succeeding or failing. Only 16 people voted and both sides have some good arguments, though I exclude the people who just mouthed-off and offered nothing worth mentioning.

I'd still like to see ABAV become a bigger group so I'm going to start helping out with that. In the next day or so I'm going to do various reposts of VCD/SVCD's in ABAV only(no cross-posting) and announce each posting in ABA/ABMA.

I noticed a few requests in ABAV for the Nausicaa SVCD a couple weeks ago so I'll probably start with that. I'm also glad that oblio is posting To Heart VCD's only in ABAV. That certainly helps promote the group.

Lastly, about flooding...I must admit I don't care too much about on-topic floods posted with proper PowerPost settings. There are many people who go over 300MB on a daily or near-daily basis. These are postings that many of us want and have therefore recieved few if any complaints depending on the poster.

I personally wouldn't bother threatening to report anyone who floods on-topic unless they posted a truely obscene amount like 800MB-1Gig. That being said I don't hesitate to threaten off-topic and HIWIH posters. I guess they're the type that bother me the most. I can't go after every FAQ violator so I have no choice but to be selective.

The only FAQ violation that doesn't seem to be dealt with much(at least to me) is general flooding. Someone who cares more about flooding(currently listed as being over 300MB) than I do will have to take this on if they want anything done about it. The FAQ is your weapon. Use it if you wish.

I guess that's it for now. Just an FYI: the posting limit in the FAQ for alt.binaries.vcd is 400MB. I know that's a much larger group but I just thought I'd mention it anyway.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Neuralblastoma

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn! The above post was from me. I got logged out somehow. Can you change that xo?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
xo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neuralblastoma wrote:

Damn! The above post was from me. I got logged out somehow. Can you change that xo?

Corrected.
xo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know how dhluke, pen3, tsukebe, white_r, et al are finding their way to this board? earthdark mentioned referring dhluke here I believe but I'm just curious as to the others.

I don't wish to dissuade anyone from participating or close off this board or anything, I'm just always curious to see how people end up at my sites, and since the aforementioned posters posted w/o registration, I got the impression they were specifically referred to this thread.

-xo
Neuralblastoma

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xo,

I invited dhluke and Pen3 here by sending them messages in #AnimeMPEG. It seems I shouldn't have bothered though.
(inc)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think I have to give top honours to Keikai. Sorry (inc). I can give you the runner-up prize though.
I blame my loss to Keikai on SWong leaving aba/abma -- at times I've had to fill the *grumpy* gap. But I will accept the honor of runner-up. Speech :: "I wish to thank my 3rd grade teacher, Miss Norberta Frunph for pointing me on the path of... errr... well, at least the scars have finally healed..."

(inc)
earthdark

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neuralblastoma wrote:

xo,

I invited dhluke and Pen3 here by sending them messages in #AnimeMPEG. It seems I shouldn't have bothered though.

dhluke is the dhluke from AMPEG but that's not Pen3, I already asked him about that. As for the others, I don't know.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its hard to get around here
Question Shocked Question
oh well nice smileys though
Laughing Very Happy Laughing Very Happy
Keikai

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neuralblastoma wrote:
Keikai and (inc): I never made up a softy list. It was just meant as a general comment and I hope neither of you took it any other way.

Definately no offense was taken, NB. I only mentioned it because I wanted to make sure you knew where I stood. While, personally, I am a bit of a softy, and won't apologize for it as I intentionally became that way after many years of usenet participation, I wanted folks (and you in particular due to our discussions by email) to understand that that does not mean that the FAQ is going to be soft. I'm a bit paranoid that people will worry that since I have a particular point of view that the FAQ is a way for me to promote it. I'm trying very hard to keep it as close to the general feelings of the group regulars as possible. And when there are various opinions on a subject, I'm going to try to represent them all fairly.

And my above comments also do not mean I think my way is any more "right" than any other. Frankly, I think it is important to have a healthy dose of both styles in a group environment like this. It is simply what I have found to be the most "right" way for me to handle things.

(inc) wrote:
I blame my loss to Keikai on SWong leaving aba/abma -- at times I've had to fill the *grumpy* gap

*laugh* Well the fact is I modeled my attitude off of you, (inc), as you seem to have ultimate patience with people, far more than I think I'll ever be able to manage. I definately cannot claim to be as calm about some things as I may seem. I just tend to wait several hours to a day after reading an inflammatory post before I respond, if I don't just ignore it altogether. I find that I'm more cogent by then (and a good bit more calm). And then there are posts like Tsukebe's which I'm still waiting for myself to calm down about. That one frustrated me on all new levels I wasn't even aware of. Smile

In regards to that, I'd like to again urge those who don't agree with our opinions here to explain your point of view and offer constructive criticism. We certainly don't always agree with one another, so we use rational discourse to work out our differences. We still may not agree at that point, but we at least understand the motivations behind each other's points of view, and respect them. Lumping us all together as one big force with malevolent intentions is laughable. We are simply a bunch of individuals who show respect for one another.

Also, it is entirely obvious that some of those posts were written by folks who have not read the entire thread. Please always read the entire thread before posting a hasty reply. All flames will get you is a deaf ear in the future, which benefits no one.

Lastly, until I get my taxes worked out for April 15th, I'll be a bit less "around" than usual and will not personally be making any changes to the FAQ. After that, I should get back to my usual participation level. Also, unless someone else has done so by then, I want to pick up on a few of the points and ideas made in this thread and have us all kick them around some more.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Newsgroups Misc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum