abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

I want to encode some stuff I've got. I want to know how...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Encoding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vox Necros

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2002 8:56 pm    Post subject: I want to encode some stuff I've got. I want to know how... Reply with quote

I've only experimented a bit with capturing, and haven't managed to get the results to come out as nice as I'd like, so I'm looking to get info as to what screen resolutions, filters and the like are used to get the kind of results seen in Tiny Snow Fairy Sugar and the like...
fureimu

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2002 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have much experience with capturing myself either, but I guess it largely depends on what capturing card you have, and the quality of the source. When I did some captures with an old TV card using Virtualdub, with some video noise removal filter produced 'decent' results, but still nothing close to the quality of what most fansub groups release. Damned if I knew what they use to capture from TV with that high quality ^^;

Of course, those Tiny Snow Fairy Sugar DVD rips by HnK are quite a different thing though, a 'wee' bit easier to get results like that. ^_^

Ohwell, I'm probably not of too much help here, but heeey, my first post here! Yatta! :D
flcl

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.doom9.com
flcl

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crap, it should be www.doom9.net

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 11:21 pm    Post subject: definitely rtfdoom9 Reply with quote

Take the advice on doom9, read all that stuff, then search google for "lukes video guide" and read that stuff. Only once you've got a grasp of the basics is it really worth asking for help- otherwise the scope is just too broad.

regards.
ob

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'm not major ripper as everyone will know, but I try to follow things. Essentially Doom9 is okay for the basics, after that try http://svcdguide.animeaddiction.net/ if you plan on anime rips.

Essentially though the final settings are your own and it varies very much depending if you want VCD/SVCD/DviX etc. The best advice is to play around until you find something you like. From experience with some of the more intensive codecs (e.g. divx4) try playing it on a weak processor (Vaz, stop complaining Razz), or else on a small resolution monitor (you too Snoopy Razz)
Jiss

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doh! That as me!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doom9 and the svcdguide one both seem to be entirely about DVD-ripping, not video capture, but as i'll likely be doing that at some point too, still handy sites to have on record...

haven't been able to get into luke's video guide yet - apparently a very busy site, as every time i've tried to look at it, i've gotten geocity's "this site has exceeded its allocated data transfer" message. this fills me with optimism. or dread, not sure which.
oblio

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lukes video guide is wholly concentrated on capturing cartoons. (He does powerpuff girls, but its largely applicable).

Just checked and:
A. I didn't have any problems.
B. He has a downloadable guide.

SOOOOoooo....

ftp://readonly:readonly@oblio.dyndns.org/lukesvid.zip

That file will dissappear in a week or so.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Encoding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum