abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

I need a name

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Site Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 8:46 pm    Post subject: I need a name Reply with quote

I'm kinda disgusted with the look of this site and have been thinking about re-doing it, probably with some cutesy anime pictures in the banner, thickly bordered boxes with cryptic notes from me in them, some poll which will get like 5 votes, a lot of flash animations, and a wallpaper section. You know, just like every other anime site out there.

OK, maybe not. But I need at least a name, and "abma.stuff" which is in the <title> tag for the home page is no substitute.

So give me some ideas! Preferably something with "abma" in the title, not too long, prounounceable, evokes a synergy of usenet and web, and smells really nice.

Something like "abmaweb" or somethin', but less dumb.

Oh, and photoshop a nice banner for me while you're at it. Thanks!
Gorunova

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: I need a name Reply with quote

xo wrote:
OK, maybe not.

For a minute there I thought I had found a test subject for my latest inventions of mass destruction. Wink

xo wrote:
So give me some ideas! Preferably something with "abma" in the title, not too long, prounounceable, evokes a synergy of usenet and web, and smells really nice.

Something like "abmaweb" or somethin', but less dumb.

Well, you're not really that specific to ABMA, except maybe the FAQ stuff. This is more about anime on Usenet. So how about something like "AnimeUsenet"... wait, that's taken. Razz

"ABMA's Home on the Web."
"The OTHER AnimeUsenet.org."
"Everything We Want You To Know About ABMA."
"abma.d"
"Everything You Wanted to Know About ABMA and Weren't Afraid to Ask."

Oh well. Sorry, my ass-kicking org name generator is busted right now.

xo wrote:
Oh, and photoshop a nice banner for me while you're at it. Thanks!

Sure, in my Copious Free Time. Just pick a title and use the Gimp logo generator on it.
Keikai

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I guess I'm Mr. Status Quo but I love the site as is. I constantly drool over it when I compare it with mine. It's very clean, crisp, and to the point. It is easy to read and navigate, and the graphics and other goodies support the information instead of detracting from it like they do on most sites.

As for the name I admit I've gotten used to just going with the server URL, which I think is fine, but I'll think on that one. I had a few once when I was thinking of setting up an anime episode database, so I'll have to see if I can find them.
matt

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

someone redesing animeusenet.org while your at it, divx5 ate my other divxes(?) and now i cant stea...humm i mean 'use' images from fansubs (i can't open them up in nanodub) for the header graphics. but the idea of redoing every thing exictes me and disgustes me to the same degree that they cancel eachother out and I just go watch some more anime (or stargate-sg1 my new secret obsession Twisted Evil)
Gorunova

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the new header, xo.
xo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorunova wrote:
Like the new header, xo.

Thanks, and thanks for the site "name" idea Wink.

The "design" is more fully fleshed out on the site's index page, and I haven't really decided yet what I want to do about the subdirs. Probably nothing, lazy ass that I am.

-xo
matt

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmmmm...pretty

I really like it xo, very cool, the index page looks great!
Orqyman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ABMA.d - The Source for Anime Usenet Discussion
ABMA.d - Official Forum for Usenet Anime
usenet discussion without the usenet, ABMA Journal
ABMAnews
Usenet.Anime Discussions

Yes, I'm aware of how bland I am. Basically, though hopefully those word choices would come up more frequently on search engines. Those are some tough requirements.

Well, that's all I came up with, and I think I just lost a good level of dignity doing that. As far as the site's roots are concerned, I think you've hit the formula on your first try. As with Keikai, even if you don't do anything, people have/will gotten/get used to it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Orqyman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird, its currently 11:35 PM (GMT) on June 02, 2002. I'm seeing 2 different versions of your index page on 2 different browsers. Just to offer my humble opinion, I sincerely do like your first version better.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Orqyman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta shutup. I was doing something weird, nm on that 2 version thing. And please don't ask me what exactly I was seeing ;P
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Site Stuff All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum