abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

I watch...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Anime Misc
View previous topic :: View next topic  

I watch:
One series at a time
16%
 16%  [ 3 ]
Numerous series simultaneously
72%
 72%  [ 13 ]
What is this "watch" you speak of?
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 18

xo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 1:10 am    Post subject: I watch... Reply with quote

I watch one series at a time, after having collected all the episodes. I just can't take waiting for a new release Smile.

As it is, I sometimes struggle to remember details between viewings, which can range up to a week.

FWIW, I'm currently watching X.

-xo
Onakra

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I try to watch as much as possible of numerous series at the same time. Unfortunately I'm lately leaning more toward the "What's 'watch'?" category. Following the plotline like this is usually not that hard for me unless large gaps start to appear in the posting cycle.

For me waiting until a series is complete is not a good thing since I'll probably will be bored if I watch a few eps of the same series in a row. But sometimes this becomes practice for me as well. For example: I haven't watched any of Najica, X, Mahoromatic, kokoro toshokan, Trouble Chocolate, Rave, Miracle Girls, Ranma (except season 1 and 2), Slam Dunk, etc, etc. yet. That list goes on for quite a while and that's just the stuff that's on HD. On CD the number of unwatched series is about 3 times as long... Confused And then there's 'regular' movies, games, DVD, hentai and more.

Well, as far as my social life doesn't suffer too much I won't complain. Very Happy
HollyBerries

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been getting much better about actually watching what I download these days. But good heavens, if I only watched one thing at a time think of all the stuff I'd miss! It can take months for a full series to come out, you think I'm going to waste all that time pining around for the next episode of Chobits or InuYasha when there's Tenshi na Konamaiki or .hack//sign to be watched? Wink
Gorunova

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a few series that I'm deliberately saving up to watch all at once. (inc)'s version of Rurouni Kenshin is one. Also, Melchior and I are giving the bandwidth-sharing-by-CD-swapping plan a try, so there are some series each of us is saving up for the other.

But, for most of the series that I'm not saving up, I can't wait to watch the latest episode. I usually watch them the same day I download them, except in the (unfortunately frequent) cases when I'm too busy.
Keikai

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually try to have available all or a big chunk of a series before I consider watching it (like Gorunova, I haven't started (inc)'s RK but will be doing so soon...and am looking forward to it!). But some things I watch solo and others with friends so I probably have a couple of series going on at any time, but within those few I'll watch it from start to finish as uninterrupted as possible. It's my preference, but not always feasible.

I also sample the first eps of many things to gauge my interest. And, frankly, I watch very little. I probably average a couple of TV or OAV episodes per week (although I usually do big chunks with long lulls in between...due to work and other RL duties, like everyone else).
Orqyman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"What <watch> do you speak of, white human?"

for those of you who've seen in living color.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
anne_leigh

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i used to do this before. i wait til i complete the series before i watch it. but after watching excel saga and lain straight, i thought to myself that i should consider changing my ways. my brother tried to do this with both of them, and he said he almost lost his sanity ^^
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Anime Misc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum