abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

Kanon 13...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Anime Misc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chung

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 1:57 am    Post subject: Kanon 13... Reply with quote

Final ep.. All good and well.. everything looking good.. until that one scene that the E-F staff deemed it better that they not translate the sign on the wall...

Well, that just makes me happy that I dont get to read what was put there to be read.. I can gather what the sign read, but certainty is a comfort.. anyone know? Since E-F neglected to sub it..

On another tone, it was a nice conclusion.. a little unexpected.. maybe sudden.. but ok.

--Chung
Onakra

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPOILER wrote:

The sign says (of course) "Tsukimiya Ayu".
The 'real' Ayu who fell out of the tree 7 years ago wasn't dead but fell into a coma. The Ayu we see in the earlier eps (up until 13) is a 'phantom Ayu'; the 'mind' of the sleeping, real one.
Hmm, sounds confusing now I've read it, but I guess you'll be able to understand. Very Happy

More discussion on Elite-Fansubs forum: http://www.mayday-anime.com/elite/forums/showthread.php?s=806c36884a31a51cb13c78600158625b&threadid=838
And in case you didn't guess that thread has spoilers as well.

EDIT: Hmm. Uri's and smiley's don't come out too well in a spoiler block...
Chung

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to check the URL later.. doesn't seem to want to push through for me. I kinda figured that's what the sign said.. as to why the didn't simply translate it anyway is beyond me.. I mean, watching the next 10 seconds and you should've been able to figure it out pretty quick. But oh well... it's a moot point I guess.. just kinda grated me when I saw it..

You're statment made out fine.. heh, long as you've watched it I guess. Series kinda started to drag, to me.. half way through.. but the last few eps saved it.

--Chung

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the link, for those it doesn't work for, the sign says...and this is a SPOILER, apparently...

*SPOIL*
*SPOIL*
*SPOIL*

Tsukima Ayu
user

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Onakra wrote:
SPOILER wrote:

The sign says (of course) "Tsukimiya Ayu".

SPOILER wrote:
And for those who can't quite make out the last character in the sign (it does look a little blurry), the kanji is the "-sama" honorific.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Anime Misc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum