abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

It's time once again for...what are you watching?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Anime Misc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HollyBerries

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 11:42 am    Post subject: It's time once again for...what are you watching? Reply with quote

So of the latest series going up, which ones are you decoding and watching right away? Which ones are you collecting but losing interest in, or are putting off watching until later? Have you dropped any all together due to lack of interest?

As for me, the two that are "must watch" priority are Princess Tutu and Haibane Renmei. I'm so excited about these two shows that I've even gone to their sub groups' IRC channels to get the eps even before they show up on the group. Both of these are easily in my top few favorite anime shows of all time already.

I've also been collecting and sporadically watching Witch Hunter Robin, which is an interesting way to pass time but not particularly compelling so far (I've watched the first 10 episodes.) I collect Juni Kokki when it does come out, but it's so infrequently that it's hard for me to stay interested in it. I've been plugging along with Tenshi na Konamaiki, but it's also losing my interest not only because of the slowness of release with new episodes but also because the show itself is getting repetitive, and the same goes for Tokyo Mew Mew. I have the first few episodes of Piano and Puchi Puri Yuushi but I haven't watched any of them yet. I recently finished completely watching SaiKano, and was somewhat disappointed that it didn't completely emotionally wrench my heart out and stomp on it like it was supposed to Wink

I think just because of greater selectiveness on what I DL lately, though, I haven't dropped any series all together in a long time. I recently checked in on a random Full Moon wo Sagashite episode in the high 20's just to see if I was missing anything after dropping it after about six episodes, and was mollified to see that I wasn't, really.

How's about you guys?

HB
Gorunova

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again I'm putting off more to disk for a rainy day than I'm watching. I'm pretty busy lately. When I do watch, I tend to watch blocks of episodes from a single series. Here's what I'm watching, not necessarily what I'm downloading:

I recently finished Azumanga Daioh and it seriously kicks ass. I haven't encountered anything so funny since I first watched Monty Python. AD was just what I needed when I was feeling down, and I wish there was more of it.

I also just finished Ai Yori Aoshi. Watchable, but not a whole lot happens and it's way too close to the Love Hina formula to avoid unfavorable comparison.

I've been watching Haibane Renmei as it comes out, and it's not bad. I wouldn't say it's great yet - it depends on where it goes with the mysterious setting.

I watched the first few episodes of Witch Hunter Robin and intend to watch more, but not right away.

I'm following Getbackers as it comes out. There is a ridiculous amount of posturing and self-important in-fight dialogue in this series (almost as much as in Marvel superhero comics!), but it does have some charm. It's also one of the closest things to an American-style superhero story I've seen in anime for a while.

I'd like to see more PSoH and Master Keaton, and what ever happened to Senkaiden Houshin Engi?

I'm not sure what series I'm going to watch next. Probably either Niea Under 7 or finish up the latter half of Guu.
Gorunova

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorunova wrote:
(Getbackers is) also one of the closest things to an American-style superhero story I've seen in anime for a while.

I should add: I don't necessarily mean that as a good thing. Feel free to take it as a warning. Smile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Anime Misc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum