abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

How many anime DVDs do you have?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Anime Misc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gorunova

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2002 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zero. I don't have a DVD player.

I did buy a nice LG DVD-ROM drive for my computer, but no matter what DVD software I tried, I couldn't get past the menu system on any DVD I tried. That drive is sitting on the shelf until the next time I do a major CPU and OS upgrade.

On the bright side, I found a place where I can buy regionless DVD players, so when I finish school and get the money coming in again, I'll pick one of those up and start building my anime collection.
Melchior

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2002 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorunova wrote:

I did buy a nice LG DVD-ROM drive for my computer, but no matter what DVD software I tried, I couldn't get past the menu system on any DVD I tried. That drive is sitting on the shelf until the next time I do a major CPU and OS upgrade.

Send me an email and I'll toss a copy of WinDVD on my FTP for you. I've got an LG DVD-ROM in my computer, and I really like it-- it's fast, very quiet, it was cheap, and the drawer opens in a really confident-sounding way. I've only used it in my current 1.4G Win2K machine, but it might work on your machine as well. I got my copy from a friend who was running it on his P3-450 Win98SE machine-- it was sliiiightly choppy in high-motion scenes for him, but it works *flawlessly* on my machine.
Gorunova

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2002 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Melchior, but I've tried WinDVD already. I think the problem is with broken ASPI support under Win95 OSR2, which I'm using.

That's why I say I'll wait until my next upgrade. I'll probably beef up my Linux box enough to play video on, and I'll plop the DVD drive in that machine. Either that or I'll put a newer version of Winbloze on one of my machines. I'm not willing to upgrade the OS on the one machine I currently have that is beefy enough to play video on.
Orqyman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2002 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oblio wrote:

If you look on the right of a message, there is a little button called "quote". That will automaticly quote the message and insert it in the editor.

Alteratively, you can just use the quote mechanism by highlighting text and selecting the quote button above the text edit window, or using the tag system:

<quote="whofrom">text</quote> Except with square brackets.

Woo Who. I guess I got it. And of course I continue to embarass myself outside the realm of usenet.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Groutze

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must have 6 R (cowboy bebop series) = import dvds are so expensive here in France.
and about 15 R2 (growing). Otherwise most of what ive got is on tape or divx.
Highspar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, time to get out my fingers and toes for this... let me see... 2. I have 2 dvds... Man I'm a cheap bastard... either that or I look at the $40 price tag that anime in canada costs, and decide I might as well download it. Though I'm going to break the cycle once Berserk and Golden boy come out... YEAH April 30th. Boo, less money for b33r.
AlienBoy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2002 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh yes...Berserk. Time to finally pony up the cash to replace my deteriorating VHS. *Sigh* My first fansubs...oh how I remember it like it was yesterday. The late nights spent with the other loser sophmores watching Gatts, Gatz, Gattsu, or Gats hold his giant sword in the most phallic ways possible. I've got the first figure they released set up in the classic "My sword is my penis" pose on my bookshelf. Ahh memories.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Anime Misc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum