abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

Tired of waiting for that sub-par quality box set?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Anime Misc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlienBoy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2002 2:08 pm    Post subject: Tired of waiting for that sub-par quality box set? Reply with quote

I know a lot of people have already found out about this site (links will be given later, so have a pen and paper ready), but I am still surprised at the number of anime fans who haven't. Paul Champagne is my hero. He started making DVD boxes a couple years ago as a hobby. His boxes are all high-quality brushed metal with laser etchings for the designs. Ahh hell, why try to explain it....

I don't try to hide the fact that I'm a huge Kenshin fan. When it got it's first DVD release here in the states, there was no way in Hell I was going to wait around for them to publish a box-set. There's even less of a chance in hell that I'm going to fork over the cash for a box-set when they ever do come out with one. I sent an e-mail off to Paul and found out that yes, he does in fact make a box for Kenshin. This box is incredible. So far, there are two (one for each arc) and the two boxes fit together so that the spine artwork becomes one seamless image. Take a look for yourself. Breathtaking isn't it?

I was also informed that:
The E-mail Paul sent me wrote:

In fact, here is a list of other cases I have made for Anime series requested by fans.
These are custom orders that I do not intend to offer at large for the moment.
That is why they do not show on my site. I can however sell any of these
directly. Custom cases are $30.00 + shipping unless otherwise noted.

- Escaflowne (8 DVDs)
- Kenshin set (2 cases, first arc holds 6 , the second arc holds 8 DVDs @ $30 each)
- Star Blazers (6 DVDs)
- Cowboy Bebop (7 DVDs)
- Gasaraki (8 DVDs)
- Magic User's Club (3 DVDs)
- SE Lain (4 DVDs, 2 different models. 1 Black @$35, 1 Gold @ $30)
- Battle Athletes (TV, 8 DVDs)
- Battle Athletes (TV+OVA, 11 DVDs @ $35)
- Sailor Moon S (6 DVDs, 2 different models.)
- Gundam Wing (11 DVDs, full color @ $35.00)
- Soon to come: Macross (11 DVDs, full color @ $35.00)

I linked the pictures I have to my webspace. Pictures of all cases are available on request, but I thought I'd save him what little time I could. The Gundam Wing box is a new process for him. You may have noticed that it's in Color. He also provides a choice of 6 different side pictures and 3 different spines, so rarely do two cases come out the same. The Macross set is going to rule.

For those of you who collect non-anime DVD's as well, he has done a couple of other awesome boxes for those as well. Just take a look at his site at http://www.designpaulchampagne.com/ He is truly a great man (pretty funny too).

Oh yeah...one more note. Anime companies have also noticed his work and are starting to contact him about mass producing boxes. Once that happens, it is not very likely that he will continue to make the other cases. So get them while you still can.

Oh Oh yeah...even one more note. If you like Kenshin, he's going to do a third box that will also have the interlocking design. Until then, I'd hold off on picking up the first two. Unless, you feel that the third arc is so BAD that it deserves to sit separate from the other two. In which case, buy away...
Keikai

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2002 7:45 pm    Post subject: *drool* Reply with quote

Hmm...I have a strong and dangerous urge to buy all of those. Mr. Green Truly exceptional! Thank you for pointing his work out.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Anime Misc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum